Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What A Jip: Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

Hey guys!

Anyone who knows me knows I have gone on a serious treasure hunt search for the perfect primer.  I just want something that smooths my skin, minimizes pores and MOST IMPORTANTLY keeps my makeup in place!!! I've found the Laura Mercier primer to be amazing and I've talked extensively about it in my videos.  I was reading someone's blog the other day and saw this product.  After doing a little research I found this product was getting relatively good reviews all around.  I'm not sure who's reviewing this but this product is HORRIBLE.  I'm not one to spend all day re-applying, or fixing this or that; I want a primer that keeps everything in place so there are minimal things I need to fix when I refresh my makeup.

After reading the reviews on this I was so excited to find a primer that would keep my makeup on "all day".  I purchased it from Sephora, applied it excitedly to my face and was beyond disappointed to find a few hours later my makeup was completely gone.  I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe I'd touched my face a lot that day (still not an excuse for a GOOD primer, but whatever) and tried it again.  I tried this product for over 2 weeks.  Every day, without fail, by like 1pm my face makeup was gone.  I was so disappointed in this primer I can't even say.  A lot of primers claim to minimize pores, or brighten skin, etc. but this one promised to keep makeup in place.  Lies.  Also, let's discuss the $38 price tag.  Vom.

So, this is my "Shame, Shame, Shame" product of the month.  Boo to this, definitely not the primer you want if you're looking for something that keeps your makeup in place!

Benefit Cosmetics - Stay Flawless 15 - Hour Primer


Have any of you tried this?  What do you think?

xo 

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment