Friday, October 3, 2014

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette Review

Hey!

So I recently purchased the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette during one of my Sephora hauls.  



I'm not generally a huge  fan of Smashbox products, I find most of them to be really disappointing, but I was intrigued by the range of colors in this palette.  It offers a wide range of both matte and shimmer shadows.  There were 7 mattes and 7 shimmers ranging from light champagne to black.



There are also plenty of neutral colors to choose from which you can never have too many of.  The palette itself was fairly reasonably priced at only $49.  I tried out a few looks and found that my eye shadow lasted all day.  It didn't stay on quite as well as my Mac shadows do but it stayed well enough that I wouldn't complain.  The one thing I did find frustrating was that it took a few coats to get the amount of shadow that I wanted.  I wouldn't have minded it being a little more pigmented.  Below are a few swatches I took of the shadows.


Shimmers:


Mattes:








The palette also comes with a great brush and a sample of their mascara.  I absolutely loved the brush, it has 2 sides, one for the lids and one for the crease.  The side for the lids had a more packed side for picking up extra color and a less packed side for a lighter dusting.  The mascara it came with I wasn't as impressed by, it was good for coating the bottom lashes but it didn't do anything miraculous that would make me purchase it.  Still, it was a nice extra to come with.





Check out my video below to hear more of my thoughts and see the palette!





xo

Kelly























No comments:

Post a Comment