Thursday, October 30, 2014

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette Review

Every year around the holidays NARS comes out with a limited-edition kit containing a combination of blushes, sometimes highlighters and sometimes bronzers.  I purchased one two years ago and absolutely LOVE it.  I still have a lot of product left, and I used it almost daily.  There was really only one color in the palette that I didn't love, but even that I was able to get use out of.  Last year I didn't love the colors they chose so I decided not to purchase it, but this year I am absolutely obsessed!

This year's kit comes with 1 highlighter/blush color, 3 blushes, and a large amount of their Laguna bronzing powder.  I am absolutely in love with every single color in this kit!  The highlighter, 'Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush Powder' is a light brown/champagne color that can be lightly dusted over the tops of cheeks for a gorgeous highlight, or applied more liberally on the apples of cheeks for a bit of a light brown blush/warmth.  

There are 3 blushes, 'Sex Fantasy', 'Deep Throat', 'Final Cut' (you gotta love whoever names these products).  'Sex Fantasy' is a really pretty light lavender blush, that's perfect for the winter or with a pretty light pink lipstick.  It's such a nice, neutral color it looks good on pretty much everyone.  The next blush, 'Deep Throat' is a sheer, peach blush.  This is perfect for people with darker skin tones or with a bit of a tan.  I've also found that it adds a nice flushed color to your cheeks that it looks as though you've just been for a quick jog or come in from a windy day.  I love it for when I want a bit of a color to liven up my skin but nothing too drastic.  The final color 'Final Cut' is a darker, deeper peach, coral color.  This is darker than the previous blush and it has a bit of shimmer which draws attention to your cheeks.  

Laguna is their classic bronzing powder.  It has a bit of a shimmer to it, which I'm not a fan of, but it's subtle enough that you can get away with using it to contour if you don't use too much.  It is, however, phenomenal for adding a glow to your skin to give it that sun-kissed look.  I much prefer using this bronzer for that, than for contouring.  It's a great brown tone, as it's not too dark that it looks muddy, or too light that you can't see you've applied it.

Overall, I am definitely happy with this purchase!  The colors are gorgeous, there's a great variety and there are so many different looks that can come from it.  Also, considering NARS blushes cost $30 a pop, getting a highlighter, 3 blushes and a large bronzer for $65 is a phenomenal deal.  NARS's product's quality never fails to disappoint; they always look amazing on, it never takes too much product to get a great look and it lasts all night.  

My one criticism of this set is that the colors are very summery.  They're gorgeous, but not exactly the colors I personally would reach for in the wintertime.  However, it's the perfect palette for darker skin tones, so if that's the case for you do not hesitate to purchase this immediately!  If you're pasty like me, this kit is a better go-to for summer, but either way it's such a gorgeous kit, with such a gorgeous array of colors I would say it's well worth the wait!

Do any of you have it?  What do you think?

NARS - Virtual Domination Cheek Palette  NARS - Virtual Domination Cheek Palette             
                                           NARS - Virtual Domination Cheek Palette


xo

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment