Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara Review- I'll Pass

I’m a super huge mascara junkie.  I have the shortest eyelashes known to man and I’m always looking for a mascara that will give me Kim Kardashian lashes.  As I mentioned before Too FacedBetter Than Sex mascara is my new obsession.  However, in the spirit of fairness and always wanting something better, I decided to once again try a Dior mascara.  Why do I do that to myself?  They always get the most amazing reviews, they’re so hyped up and I’m always tempted to believe the hype that they’ve finally come up with a mascara I’ll like, and they always disappoint.  Maybe I’m just a crazy person since I seem to disagree with most of the world but I have yet to find a mascara of theirs worth the money.

This one started out promising, it had a newly shaped brush and came in 4 fun colors.  Dior claimed it would create long, curved beautiful lashes.  It does.  For about a week.  Then, like every other Dior mascara I’ve ever owned it dried out.  I don’t know what they use for their formulas but they ALWAYS dry out!  It drives me insane because the mascara itself is a good product but who wants to have to buy a new $26 tube of mascara every month?  And it’s not like I leave it open on the counter or pump the wand causing air to dry out the mascara.  It’s the only brand I’ve ever used that dries up so quickly.

The new wand is a nice change of pace, although I did love their old wand  as well.  This one is a little more stiff and curves your lashes more than the original formula.  It comes in black, purple, blue and pink.  I’m not sure about the red but the other colors are all amazing.  I really love purple mascaras for bringing out my brown eyes, and blue works well with blue and green eyes.  It also comes in a pretty new tube that looks like their lipstick tubes.  It’s fairly waterproof after it dries and stays on well throughout the day.


Yet, needless to say I will not be purchasing it again.  I would only recommend this mascara if you’re a. willing to buy a new one every few weeks, b. going somewhere for a month and want long, beautiful lashes that month.  Other than that I give this product a 1 out of 10.  Definitely not worth the money and you can get so many other brands, drugstore and higher end with way more bang for your buck.  Sorry Dior, maybe next time.

xo

Kelly

Dior - Dior Addict It-Lash MascaraDior - Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the heads up! Like to find out ahead of time...thank you for your post♥

    Lakshmi in Trance

    ReplyDelete