Monday, September 15, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW™ Pomade

Filling in your brows can be one of the most life changing things you do.  You have no idea what a difference it makes, even if you already have thick brows.  Your face will be instantly transformed.  It's as if with a little stroke of a brow pencil or cream you are able to completely change your face into some gorgeous, finished work of art.  I have thin brows myself so I always thought filling them in would look silly and clearly drawn on. While yes that is easy to do, if you learn how to apply them correctly you can completely transform your entire face.  I barely leave the house nowadays without some type of brow drawn on.

I've been pretty loyal to my Mac Eyebrow Crayon in Fling.  The texture is right, the color is perfect and it’s easy to achieve the shape I want.  So, when I saw that Anastasia Beverly Hills had come out with DIPBROW Pomade I was hesitant.  I've never really loved the look of gels or pomades on my own brows.  But, I figured I owed it to myself to at least try it out.

The first thing I was immediately disappointed by was the fact that the brush you need to apply the product came sold separately.  It’s a double sided comb for combing up your brows/a brush for applying product. Add that to the cost to the cost of the pomeade and now you're look at more than just the $18  advertised price.

However, price aside, there were some major benefits.  What I was most impressed by was how little of the product you actually needed to apply to apply.  Using such a sparse amount ensures that you would definitely get your money's worth over time.  It also shows that just a little of the product can go a long way, so you don’t have to use heavy strokes or build up product.  Also, the comb that is suggested for use with it really allows you get precise in your application.  You can create an arch where there was none, fill in sparse spots and elongate short brows.  Together they work really well to give you essentially any type of eyebrow shape you’d like.

Once the eyebrows had set I found the pomade to be essentially smudge proof.  They stay in place really well and did not come off easily even with makeup remover.  It comes in 8 different colors so there’s a shade for most hair colors.  I found for a pomade or gel it looked so much more natural and realistic than a lot of the others I’ve tried.  I still felt that I had to apply more than I was comfortable with to get ‘perfect’ brows because my brows were so thin but I definitely love having this in collection for days when I really want a prominent brow.  Overall, I would say if you really want perfect looking brows and you have the skill set, and enough brows to do it then this is a really good purchase. 


Anastasia Beverly Hills - DIPBROW™ PomadeAnastasia Beverly Hills - DIPBROW™ PomadeAnastasia Beverly Hills - Brush #12

What do you guys think?

Xo

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment