Monday, July 14, 2014

Marc Jacobs Beauty: Preview Sale

Hey! 

So my laptop is DOA sadly and I've been super busy at work so my blogging has taken a bit of a beating.  I'm back though and I promise to update the blog more regularly, and hopefully one day soon, have a new laptop.  

I recently received an email from Sephora inviting me to preview the Marc Jacobs Beauty new releases, hitting stores July 24th.  I just got my shipment in and I have to say I am impressed!  All of his products are a little on the pricey side which I'm never a big fan of, but I think there are some staple pieces here that are worth the investment.  

Their new collection features 4 new brushes, ranging in price from $30-$78.  While I loved the look of the $78 brush there are a lot of things I'd spend $78 on before I'd ever waste money like that on a brush.  There are so many great brushes out there that offer comparable quality for way less of a cost.  I did however purchase the 'Face 1- Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1' and I hate to admit that I love it.  It gives a very light, airy finish that's perfect for both liquid foundations and powders.  It's $48 though, so not worth the investment unless you're a makeup junkie or are going to religiously use this brush, then I would say ok.  You can definitely tell the quality from the handle, to the hairs, it's a great brush.  The other brush I purchased was the 'Conceal- Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14'.  This brush is PERFECT.  If you have spots or are constantly trying to cover little patches on your face then you need this brush.  It's as precise as applying with your finger but with better coverage.  This is the one piece from the collection that I think is just sheer perfection, and it's only $30.

The next thing I purchased was the O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara and I LOVE it!  It's super voluminous and makes your lashes appear thick, curled and just awesome.  I would definitely recommend getting this as it's one of the better mascaras I've tried!

I purchased the Lovemarc- Matte Lip Gel (which is actually a lipstick?) in watermelon and I'm obsessed!  It's a gorgeous, super fun for summer color and it's incredibly moisturizing.  It comes in a really pretty case and you get way more product than with a Nars lipstick.

Lastly, I purchased the Smart Wand Tinted Face Stick.  I found this was actually pretty cool.  It comes in a great little package that's super convenient for throwing in your purse and provides just enough coverage for days when you don't want to mess around with heavy foundations.  I found this made my skin really soft and almost diffused looking, I was really impressed by this product.

The only thing I purchased that I wasn't impressed with was the 'Kiss Pop Lip Color Stick'.  I have a lot of these lip crayons from various brands and I didn't find that this one offered anything special.  It was a nice product and  came in some really pretty colors but it was nothing special that you couldn't get elsewhere for less.

All in all I was really impressed with the collection.  I think the quality is phenomenal, exactly what you'd expect from Marc Jacobs.  I think however, it's definitely pricey and not a necessary investment for people just starting out or building their collections.  The products were all great but there are definitely products that are just as good for way less that you can find.  The collection comes out in stores July 24th! 

Has anyone else tried any of the products yet?  What do you think?

xo

Kelly

Marc Jacobs Beauty -  The Face I - Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1(The Face I - Liquid Foundation Brush No. 1 $48)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - The Conceal - Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14(The Conceal - Full Cover Correcting Brush No. 14 $30)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara  (O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara $26)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Lovemarc - Matte Lip Gel(Lovemarc - Matte Lip Gel $30)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Smart Wand Tinted Face Stick (Smart Wand Tinted Face Stick $42)




Marc Jacobs Beauty - Kiss Pop Lip Color Stick(Kiss Pop Lip Color Stick $28)

No comments:

Post a Comment